Sunday, January 31, 2010

PINE WOOD DERBY

Due to the fact that J.D. was not around this year I was not excited at ALL about the pine wood derby. I didn't want to bother other people with it and yet Daxon really wanted to participate so I went and bought a 15 dollar car. It was cut out & had stuff with it to put it together. Well after looking at it I started realizing I still had no idea how to properly put this thing together so that is didn't totally stink in the race. Well I told Daxon how about I take you out & we skip the derby he said nothing and the next day after scouts his cub master calls and says, Dax seems a little worried about the derby I would love to help him. I gratefully agree and the next week take Daxon to his home & he helps him for an hour & a half just on wheels & axles. Daxon was so happy and couldn't stop talking about all the things he had learned. All the things I bought other than the car could not be used so his cub master helped him with ALL of it. Then at the derby in his division he came in 1st place. He was so happy as was I. I am so thankful for his cub masters help and for the joy that Daxon had from doing so well.


4 comments:

  1. Taylor wanted to tell Daxon congratulations..."that is awesome". Ours is tonight, but I am missing is because McKay is sick. Excited to see that JD is coming home for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopfully the things daxon learned, he will remember. we still have cars to build. I am totally stoked that he won and i am extremely grateful for the guy that helped him. Lori did a great job on the paint as well. daxon and lori- a winning team no doubt

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute, I love that kid! I'm glad you ended up getting help. Ashlynn looks so cute in all her birthday pictures. Thanks so so much for coming down. It was so much fun and I miss you all already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Daxon! Your car looks FAST! I'm not surprised you won. Sounds like you have an awesome Mom and cub master!

    ReplyDelete