Wednesday, November 2, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

I LOVE LOVE HALLOWEEN!!! I love walking around Halloween night & meeting the people in our neighborhood. I think it is the only night of the year I see most of them. I KNOW, shame on me. Riley was not going to go out this year due to the fact that he felt JOBS were dumb & he should not have to do any. As you will see in the pictures further down, he was right out there with us. We left him at home, but Jers said "I will b right back." the next thing I know, I see Riley. Jers sent him out to go with us. (As much as I am trying to stick to being good at consequences with my children, I was secretly pretty happy to see him). It made Riley's day & Daxon had said before JD went and got Riley, "it isn't the same without Riley." Alyssa & Riley are, by many people's standards, getting to old to go Trick or Treating. I am one of those parents who say If your willing to dress up you could be 50. I couldn't care less. you only live once. as long as you are being good... might as well have fun doing it:)


Ashlynn was a flower. It was a great costume due to the fact that it kept her cozy warm. Ashlynn was so much fun this year. I LOVE her age. Everything is so MAGICAL. We went to the first couple of houses & it was as if it clicked, "OH YA, this is trick or treating." From that second on she was on a mission to fill her bucket as quickly as she possibly could. Ashlynn smiled at every house as she said trick or treat & as she walked off with a HUGE grin. she would say THANK YOU HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! As we neared the end of the neighborhood she kept commenting, "this is the best Halloween EVER." Alyssa stuck right by our side until we reached our house then she joined her brothers for some quick moving where she could really cash in on some loads of candy:)


We weren't sure what to have Alyssa be for Halloween. The other day on "The Dating Divas" they had a hobo costume that I thought was so ADORABLE. We altered it to be Alyssa's style & I'm thinkin she makes a pretty stinkin cute HOBO -especially with that goodwill bag hanging off the back:)


On Saturday, the ward had a cute little party for the primary that the youth put together. It was fun & the kids had a great time hanging out with friends & trunk-or-treating. The bird was a pretty cool touch for the werewolf look don't you think?


THE MIGHTY HUNTERS
I never see these 2 on Halloween. they are way too FAST & DRIVEN. The 1st block you see them & then they are gone for the next 2 hours. In Iowa, Trick or treating goes from 6-8 so we get a call about 8 to "COME GET US." Every year they make it a little farther & this year they wanted to be hunters. How simple is that, "cha ching," on my check book. Now onto the festivities of Thanksgiving. I'm LOVIN IT!!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Ashlynn's costume!! Adorable!! She is at a fun age for TOTing! The girls have a good time but enjoy handing out candy more. we didn't have too many kids this year, bummer. Now I get to eat the leftovers!!

    ReplyDelete