Tuesday, March 27, 2012

SPRING BREAK FAVORITES PART 1

 Of course my birthday:)   It was a great day.  In the morning Ashlynn came into our room and said, "MOM it's your birthday,  I can't wait to go downstairs and see."  Well she didn't realize that I was the one who decorates for birthdays.  I don't do it all up for myself.  She let J.D. know the second she discovered an undecorated kitchen that MOMMY NEEDED at least a happy birthday sign.  So across the kitchen was a sign "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY."  I love little kids.   Jers bought me awesome presents this year.  I have been wanting some workout clothes but can never bring myself to splurge on them.  He did and I LOVE THEM and I LOVE him even more!!!!!  He took the day off and took us all out to this restaurant that is an hour away just because I have really been wanting to go there.  He let me take my time all morning being slow--taking time to workout, talk to my Dad, and just be slow (much to the dismay of the children wanting me to hurry up).  I have to say I agree with my most FAVORITE blogger EVER when it comes to birthdays.  MOMASTERY.  She turned 36 the day before I turned 37.  She stated in a post, "You know, people talk a lot about how they don’t want to get older. I could not agree less. Teens- nightmare. Twenties- terrifying. Early thirties- still cared too much what people thought of me. Now…36. I am telling you- I am just starting to relax into life. I am starting to feel comfortable in my own skin. I LOVE getting older. I feel a little less afraid each year. "  I ECHO ECHO ECHO!!!

One of our funnest days of spring break was the day our nice friends let us tag along on a bike ride with them.  We had so much fun.  We stopped for a picnic.  We started to discuss rolls & bread.  I let her know how 1 out of 5 times I make bread or rolls, they might turn out right.  When we got back to her house she gave me a bowl and taught me how to make the most delicious rolls.  Instead of rolling them out, she dips a snake like piece in butter, cinnamon sugar , flips it around her finger like a pinwheel and sticks it on the pan.  They & the rolls were AMAZING!!! My kids are still talking about them.  I LOVE talented people who are willing to teach me:)  The kids had a great time running around.  It was a great day!



PLAY DATE
Monday we had some extra kiddos here all day.  They were PERFECT!!!!!   I could watch kids that are so well behaved everyday.  I loved that Ashlynn got to play with little kids--something she loves to do.  I miss having little kids around.  I love having big kids, SOOOOOO much easier.  But still it's nice when Ashlynn gets to build forts, make sand castles, make messes, build lego towers and have picnics in the basement with kids who WANT to do this and think it's fun (not just her older siblings who are being made to as part of their weekly job) :)


ST. PADDY'S PARADE
We had never gone downtown to the parade.  This year, due to the outstanding weather, we decided to try it out.  IT WAS VERY LONG.  it was fun though, something to do, and the kids got tons of necklaces.  They were even passing out bacon.  I thought that was NASTY, but my boys thought it was AWESOME!!!
If the weather is good we will definitely go again.


FIRE
We LOVE having fires.  Always a highlight.  The other kids had left to the front yard to play basketball. These are our 2 pyromaniacs.

I will do part 2 when I find my camera.  I have looked everywhere with no success.  This is a scary thing for me.  Wish me some LUCK.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday...curious as to what restaurant was an hour away that you wanted to try?

    ReplyDelete