Monday, June 11, 2012

DIRTY DASH & SUMMER FUN

   The dirty dash was such a BLAST!!!!!  The first weekend in June my sister bought me an airline ticket to come out and do the dash with her and a group of people.  My brother & his wife put it together and it was lots of fun. So thankful I got to be a part of it.
 One of my brothers sons, Houston ran it with us.  I must say the more I get to know this kid, the more I just LOVE the pieces out of him!!!!  He is such a cute kid.  Full of energy, life & stories:)
 She was NOT in the dash:)  She is just really dirty.
 This is pretty much what she looks like at the end of every day.
She LOVES IT!!!!
 It was so much fun to see all my sisters and spend time with them.  They are all so amazing.  I loved seeing all their cute babies that I have never seen before.  They are ADORABLE!!!
It was great to see my baby sister who has the cutest prego belly.  She will be such an amazing MOMMY.  I Loved LOVED spending time with my Dad who always makes me smile.  I was also able to fit in time to visit my wonderful in-laws.  I LOVED visiting with them.
 I was going to miss Daxons birthday this year because I was in Idaho.  I didn't think about this when I arranged the trip,  as it got closer it made me really sad.  The day of his birthday I missed him like crazy.  MAN I LOVE MY KIDS:) They might drive me crazy but I don't know what I would do without them or the craziness they cause:)   I have always been ANTI celebrate birthday early.  People want to celebrate on the real day.  I do anyway & I am a people:)  I think if you celebrate early you get to celebrate twice.  That is what we did.  I decorated the day before I left.  Bought doughnuts for breakfast, gave him a few presents,
 we went to Omaha to stay the night.  Went to the zoo that we all LOVE!!!!
 I think these 2 pictures are really cute:)
 The last few times we have been to the zoo the aquarium has been closed so the kids were super excited to see it open.  I love that with a zoo pass you get to go to the I Max movies for  free.  We love going to them.
 I LOVE how intently they are looking at everything.  I love how everything is so magical to children.
 As I went to take this picture (the one below)  I said to the kids "Gather together."  All the sudden this older man kindly takes my camera and says "I think you should all be in this one."  I thought that was so thoughtful.  Moms are so often not in any of the pictures when kids get older because they were taking them all.

 I always love these weird cut outs they have at zoos.  They make for a fun picture.
 FAMOUS DAVES
 Daxon really wanted to go to famous Daves for his birthday dinner.  It did not disappoint.  The food was delicious.
 Daxon even received a HUGE birthday ice cream with a firework looking thing on it before we left.
 Anyone who knows our family knows we are NOT the quietest people ever.  Ashlynn was so excited to go swimming at the hotel.  Just as we went to go down to the pool we here a knock on the door.   IT'S 7:30 p.m.  The front desk lady says I am so sorry to bother you but the people below you are trying to sleep & need you to be quiet.  Ashlynn is grinning from ear to ear repeating over & over I'm going swimming.  The lady smiles & kindly says YOU ARE SO sweet!!!  We didn't get anymore complaints and the kids had a wonderful time swimming:)
 I put this in just because it makes me laugh.  Kids are so random & funny.  The things they think of to keep from being bored just make you shake your head, laugh & think okay whatever.   I am not sure what they are doing but it made me laugh non the less.

MY house is a mess, I feel completely unorganized,  I usually have every day planned out perfectly in the summer.  This one is kinda kicking my butt.  5 kids, all different ages, all wanting to do different things,  Mom wanting them to just be little and go on a walk to the park for a picnic.  Kids thinking "SO LAME."  In spite of all that I LOVE Summer.  I LOVE my kids being around me and being home.  I thought this was a great thought to remember during the long Summer days when our kiddos are home doing NOTHING?


You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing.  What!  Is it nothing to be happy?  Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long?  Never in his life will he be so busy again.  ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762
 

1 comment:

  1. a 7:30 complaint? If that would have happened to me I would have jumped up and down on the floor. It IS a hotel for crying out loud, and IT IS evening. Idiots!

    ReplyDelete