Sunday, November 4, 2012

HALLOWEEN is a WONDERFUL time of year


I LOVE the month of Halloween. Every year is a little more different for me.  When our kids were little Halloween was spent with tons of family eating soup, visiting grandparents, relatives and friends.  Once we moved to Iowa it was spent with kids walking around the neighborhood the day BEFORE Halloween.  Now it is spent with kids going all different directions.  Ashlynn is really the only one who stayed with just mom and Dad all night. WEIRD!!!

Britton even ran the neighborhood with his friends.  When he would see us he would act as if we were strangers and keep on running.  Can my kids really all be getting this big?  How CUTE are these kiddos???  I Love to see all the little and big kids dressed up on Halloween. Soo Cute!
 As you can clearly see by the year on this can of apples they are OLD!!!!    We had opened them.  My kids didn't like them they were no longer crisp.  I was ready to toss them when a friend said to make apple crisp with them.  WHAT??  I really need to learn how to use my food storage items.
 For Family Home evening we did just that.  It was obvious that it wasn't fresh apples but it was good and I felt all domestic in that I used dried food storage items to make a dessert:)

 Ashlynn had a  preschool thing the other night. The kids were all excited to get to go and see what she has been doing.  She loves her school!!! I love all the cute little songs she comes home singing from school.  I also love that on cold days the teachers come out and get her and I never have to get out of my car:). WOW that sounds kinda lazy.:) Still very true!

 Not sure why this is upside down.  If you have not read this book at Halloween.   Next year do!!!  It is so FUNNY!!
 The boys cannot get Ashlynn to stop BEGGING them to  
"LET'S GO PLAY FOOTBALL." 
with her. It is pretty cute to see them outside.  Her trying to tackle them.  Them laughing at her trying to be so tough.  It doesn't matter what the weather is she just wants to be outside.  I love it.  The boys can be watching TV or something and all it takes is her saying common please,  they just can't turn her sad face down so outside they go even in the dark.


My friend in Granger has this little music class she does.  It is the cutest thing ever!!! She had the kids dress up for  Halloween week and do SPOOKY songs.  Ashlynn loves it.

I Love the little weird things TJ MAXX always has around the holidays. I usually don't buy the food but I thought this one was pretty darn cute. 
BUY this cute kit that keeps Ashlynn quiet in the store, come home and make it, Ashlynn thinks its so fun to bake with mom, kids and the neighbors come home to a treat and thank you a HUNDRED times over for being so nice and it only cost 3 dollars.  That's a deal!
I LOVED the party the mutual had for the primary kids this year.  I thought it was adorable. 

I Love how Daxon is looking at his Dad in this picture.  It makes me smile.

Alyssa bought this crazy expensive costume to wear to school.  She decided it was worth the cost because she could wear it all month long.  She didn't wear it the rest the month.  I bought this Jacket whatever ya wanna call it at a garage sale for $2 dollars.  OKAY to be fair , this is why I say it was crazy expensive. I am TOTALLY cheap!!!! I wondered if I wanted to spend 2 dollars on the jacket. Alyssa decided she would be a spy or something.  I Love her she does something that makes me smile every day!


I Love her because she is still young enough to think its fun to share candy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ashlynn is the cutest thing I have ever seen!! It is fun to have little kids....the holidays are so much more fun. Your apple crisp looks delish too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are getting so old! I can't believe that it has been 3 years since we last saw them, but wow! Hope you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete