Monday, October 31, 2016

PERU Arequipa mission here I COME!!!

 I really can't believe this kid is leaving on a mission.  He is ready to go.  He carries a spirit with him that fills an entire room.  His talk in church before he left,  he gave as if he was already returning.  He had so much confidence.   I just LOVE, LOVE Elder Phippen!!!!
 I have kept my mind from thinking about him leaving by putting together packages for him on his mission.  It cost a lot to send stuff to Peru.  He took a Halloween PKG, Thanksgiving, Greenie, and Christmas.  We had to go buy him some bigger luggage so he could fit the pkgs with his other things.:).  I am just so happy we were able to fit it all.  I was really nervous.  After all that planning and making sure he had everything he forgot his retainers:).  I guess we will figure out how to get those to him.
 I really love this kid.  He will have no problem living like a missionary.  He is obedient even when he does not want to do something I tell him to do.  He does it even if he complains while he does it.  He still does it.  He is disciplined.  He gets up early and works hard and you don't have to tell him he has to, he just does it.  He plays hard.  When he has put in his full day of work he knows how to have fun.  He loves people.  He does things just to make others happy. He listens to hear not to respond. He is just a great person.  
 Before we left to the airport he really wanted a DR pepper so that is what he got.
As my sister Jana said.  You can tell Ry has been set 
apart as a missionary in this picture.  He has a light around him.
 Checkin his bags.  The airport people knew he
 was a missionary and they were so kind and good to him.

 The long walk to the stairs where we all say
 good buy for 2 years
 I think missionaries are so brave.  
They really are my heros!!!
 I think we all hugged him and took a picture 
with him about 100 times
 This bunch of boys will look a lot older 
the next time they are all in a picture together.


 Here we have Ry being the wonderful big brother he always is.  Letting his 
little brothers know everything will be okay and all is well

 eventually the last hugs came.  

 Up the stairs he went
BRAVE AS CAN BE

 You could tell it was much harder for us to say good buy.  He is ready to go.
  He is ready to serve. 
It is inspiring to watch these young missionaries have so much courage and go out and serve with all they have and all they are.

When I was growing up my mom use to always have this song playing.  She would all the sudden just start singing it.  Lately the same song has been coming to my mind and I have not even known why.  I looked up the song, listened to the words and I knew.

Here are a few words from it,

Dear Lord, who hears and answers prayers
Please keep Thy servant always in Thy care
As he prepares to teach his fellowmen
Please keep him safe and bring him home again
Protect him from all worldly ways
And always send Thy spirit when He prays
Give him the courage of a righteous man

Just hold him in the hollow of Thy hand.

Direct his footsteps everyday and keep him ever walking in thy ways. Inspire him as he spreads the gospel plan, Lord hold him in the             Hollow of The Hand.

LOVE you ELDER PHIPPEN

1 comment: