Monday, November 21, 2016

IT'S GREAT TO BE 8



 I realize this post is about a year late,  but it had to be done.:) 
 It really is so GREAT to be 8!!!

 Ashlynn had 2 special dresses for her Baptism day.  The one she is wearing with the blue bow was my moms wedding dress.  My brilliant sister Jana resized it to fit her daughter and kindly let Ashlynn use it.  I really love it.  Ashlynn was baptized in it.  The other white dress, the bright white poofy one, her Granny Phippen gave her.  Ashlynn still wears it almost every Sunday.

 A very special thing about Ashlynn's Baptism is that we decided to go to Idaho so her and her cousin Grady could be baptized on the same day.
Seriously, I love these 2 kiddos:).
It was so much fun to have her cousins, aunts and uncles to be part of this wonderful day.



Cousins are such a wonderful thing.  It does not matter how long you are apart nor
 how well you know one another, 
a special bond keeps you tied together.   


 In Alyssa's last email she wrote about about how thankful she is for families and her testimony of the plan of Salvation.  As I look at the next few pictures, one of my favorite songs comes to mind and I feel a deep gratitude for the gift of that plan.
FAMILIES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER

 I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. !
I want to share my life with them through all eternity.
 I always want to be with my own family,
 and the Lord has shown me how I can.

I am so thankful for the plan of salvation. Because of it I will see my mom 
and grandparents again someday.
A gal I go to church with mentioned the other day how thankful she was for the missionaries because it was the only reason she has friends and the gospel.  Without the missionaries she would still be all alone.  I am thankful that Alyssa, Riley and Granny & Gramps Phippen are out teaching others so that they also can live together forever with the families they love. 

I sure love my Dad!!  I am so thankful for the 
blessing he is in my life and my children's lives.

 It is amazing how naughty all your kids can be sometimes.
Then you see them in a picture and just see little angels. :)


Well almost, LOL
Couldn't have all these family pictures without Alyssa :).
 Since Ashlynn has been baptized she has loved the book "Who's your hero for  girls."  She makes sure to plan a family home evening for the family from it weekly. They are actually really great lessons.   The boys are very happy she does this;).  She tells me when she does not choose the right.  She is always sad about it and asks how she can make the wrong right.  She loves to listen to primary songs every night when she goes to bed.  I am thankful for you Ashlynn and the good choices you are making everyday to keep your Baptism covenants.  I am thankful for this special day you were able to share with Grady  and so many others.
Love you little miss Ashlynn.  
Enjoy being 8.  
It is such a precious age.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Love the converted wedding dress to baptism dress. So special! Family is everything! Ashlynn is special indeed !

    ReplyDelete