Tuesday, November 15, 2016

LOVE THE LIGHT IN YOUR EYES;)

Yesterday was missionary p-day for Alyssa.
  That is always a WONDERFUL DAY!!! 
 
I love this girl so much.  I have enjoyed watching her learn and grow on her mission.  The first few months we were hearing things about missing technology.  About 3 months in she was wondering if she would be able to stay.  Her heart was missing home something dearly.  Then something inside her clicked.  She was all the sudden, all in.  She didn't complain about the little things or anything for that matter.  She loved the people.  Her testimony grew with each letter home.  

She has always been full of light.  She has always had a very strong testimony. Still I look at the pictures she sends and it reminds me of the Scripture found in D&C 88 .  

It has been such a blessing to watch this mission bless her life as she strives to tell others of the love our Savior has for them and the blessing it is to know we can all be together forever someday.

Before she left she was so excited to go to the Temple.  Life was really crazy, busy.  She wanted to go to Nauvoo. With everything going on it could not fit into the plans. I don't remember why and I think about it know and wish somehow we would have made it work for her.  We ended up going to the Winter Quarters temple and it was a wonderful experience and day.  She had so many people show up to support her.  It is such a special day to take your first kid to the Temple.  I don't really know how to explain it but it is one of those pay back days as a parent.
 I remember when I went to the Temple the first time my mom did something at a specific time that I have been so thankful for ever since.  I can remember what it felt like to be with her and have her with me during that part every time I go.  I am sure that day she had no idea what a blessing that small detail would be to me in my life.  I made sure I did that with Alyssa when we went. 
.

In her last e-mail she wrote this
We also had the privilege of attending the temple this week. It was
seriously a very needed thing and such a beautiful and spiritual
experience. I learned so many wonderful things that I didn't know
before and it just made my testimony grow even stronger.

I am so thankful that I am a full time missionary for The Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It has been such a blessing and
opportunity to serve my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know these
next four months will go by fast but I'm going to make them the best
four months ever. I love this gospel and I love all of you!

So thankful for her testimony, So thankful for her strength, So thankful for the way my life has been blessed and my testimony has been strengthened because she choose to serve a mission!!!

I really love this girl and cannot even tell you
 how excited I am to see her in 4 more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment