Friday, November 11, 2016

Week 2 in Arequipa Mission

 Elder Phippen has been in the Peru CCM for 2 1/2 weeks now.
Before he left we looked all over for some Inca Kola to try and did not find any.
Looks like he found some:). He says it taste like bubble gum and cream soda.
 This is the cute group of kids from his zone
 I am on the Peru Missionary mom facebook page and the other day as I was reading it I started to become afraid.  A mom brought up how much weight her missionary lost then other moms replied it was normal to lose 30 or so pounds at the beginning.  They are walking so many stairs and eat manly one big meal at lunch.  Parasites can be a problem.  He has wrote about daily earthquakes.  All the sudden I felt a great anxiety come over me.
 As I put my head into my hands and said a silent prayer that my son would come home at the end of 2 years healthy and strong.  A great peace came over me.  
The scripture came to my mind from
 1 Nephi 21:16   Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
 When it came to my mind I did not even know where it was at in the scriptures.  
After looking it up I felt a great peace.  As if the other side was saying be still
I GOT THIS!!
 I love these pictures.  Ry is so observant of everything around him.  
As you watch him you can tell he is just taking in the moments of what is going on.
This picture is just another example of how he does this not only with people but with beauty of the world as well.
 My patriotic boy has to get the picture of the flags.
 They can't keep score when they play volleyball
 so they say which team had the most fun.  LOL
One thing is for sure about Elder Phippen.  He has always known how to have fun and make the most of every situation.  He is loving his mission and doing so great.
Love his courage. 
So blessed by his faith!





1 comment:

  1. He really is so amazing! You can totally tell in his letters that he is ALL in. I am grateful for his example to me and to my family. We ❤️️ Ry

    ReplyDelete