Friday, April 30, 2021

Frary Peak on Antelope Island


 JD has wanted to hike Frary peak out at Antelope Island. 
I was feeling the need to not do homework 
and really wanted to get out of the house. 
The hike seemed like the perfect solution.


The views on this hike are breathtaking, literally and figuratively.

You gain over 2,335 feet in elevation gain on this 6.9-mile hike
 and man, did my lungs feel it!


The scenery is incredible in
a desolate and beautiful sort of way. 

Along the trail, we came across a coyote 
that was too quick for me to get a picture.

As we came around one corner this buffalo 
was practically sitting on the trail. 
Needless to say, we took a detour around the trail:). 


When we reached the summit, I was an extremely happy girl!
The last quarter mile of this hike is the most difficult. 
It is rocky and steep in a few areas. I loved being back on flat ground.


Typically, the bugs are really bad this time of year.
 Thankfully it has been a cooler spring. 
We were on the mountain by 9AM and the bugs were just starting to 
come out when we were headed home.


Thanks JD, for taking me on this continuously uphill, gorgeous hike!
I loved spending the morning with you!
Even when I was complaining:).

No comments:

Post a Comment