Thursday, April 9, 2020

COVID-19 Day 25 Quarantine Easter Traditions

The last few days, to say Ashlynn has had some CRazY emotions would be an understatement.  One minute she is smiling and happy the next she is weepy and sad. When we only allow our brains to take in one event or moment we are missing at a time, it is bearable. Other times, we let down our guard and in a spit second, well-being goes out the window. We ruminate over the idea that we have no idea when we will see our friends again, some of them will be going to a different middle school and we may never see them again. What about the 6th grade dance?  The one my friends and I spent hours planning the perfect details for?  Lagoon has been the field trip I have been looking forward to all year! As these feelings and thoughts ramble on the tears start to flow. How easy it is in these moments to feel as if our life is completely out of our control, because truly the circumstances of it often are. 

Ashlynn had so many thoughts freaking her brain out calm was becoming hard to find. She asked JD for a fathers blessing. The next day this adorable challenge from the Young Women leader arrived on the door. One of the challenges was to take a picture of yourself reading scriptures and post it as a meme on circles. I love the idea of this challenge and the way it has helped Ashlynn re-focus.  The challenge also provides daily and weekly social distancing interaction and purpose . I am a firm believer in the fact that having a daily purpose is where our happiness and power lie.

I am a huge fan of Emily Freeman and David Butler. The last few years on LDS living, they do an Easter week daily activity and lesson. Often, I watch the videos and think that is a great idea, I wish I had time to do it. I love that this year I have actually been able to watch the videos, and do the traditions with my family in preparation for Easter.  
We went to visit Alyssa for a little bit today. 
Baby Luke is growing fast. JD took Ashlynn and Britton fishing 
for a few hours while I hung out with Alyssa. They did not catch any fish :(.


While they were fishing I was able to have the baby all to myself. They say a picture speaks a thousand words. As you can see from this picture, he totally knows me 
and LOVES that I am his NANA!





No comments:

Post a Comment