Alyssa and Jake came down to spend the day. We were all playing
Code Names when we noticed a momma duck and 12 ducklings in our front yard, headed towards the road.
The speed limit on our road is 40 MPH, but most of the cars go above that.
We rushed out to make sure they did not face sudden death trying to cross the road.
The momma duck did not like us getting so close to her ducklings.
It was adorable to watch her gather them all in under her wing to protect them.
We were able to get her to go where we wanted when Jake suggested using bread for bait. They didn't want the bread, but we got them away from the road.
We scooped them up into a box
This did not make them happy at all.
A couple of minutes later we released them to safety in a nearby creek.
I feel like we are all kind of like these ducks. This virus has put all of our lives in a situation that we don't want to be in. At times we are unaware of the danger that may be present. We have all of these restrictions and guidelines to keep us safe that we resist and fight. Our favorite stores are closed and staying home makes us feel like we are trapped in a box and we desperately want to get out. I am not perfect with quarantine. I could do better, but I try hard to stick to only immediate family gatherings of less than 10 people. As hard as all of this is, I believe that if we stay patient and stick to the rules, wash our hands and stay home as much as we possible, can we can have faith that we will be released to safety and happy living once again.
Hopefully sooner, rather than later:).






No comments:
Post a Comment